Day 7 of our road trip to Northwest Spain, Salamanca, with its famous sandstone 'Plaza Mayor' & even more famous cathedral complex. The home of the distinguished philosopher, Miguel de Unamuno. University town full of youth & vitality, conquered in 217 BC by Hannibal. An institution of Spanish learning & repository of heritage & thought...
Tonight first game of the season for Celta de Vigo against the reigning Spanish champions Atletico de Madrid in Vigo, Pontevedra. Hope to be there for that.
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us