born in New York City of immigrant parents and settled here to study at George
Washington & American Universities. I am a Ward 1 resident and tenant at 1841 Columbia Road
since 1973. I was originally an ANC Commissioner in 1988 and later worked in the Office of
Mayor Anthony Williams. I’ve been a teacher, community activist, culture advocate, journalist,
businessman, and Mayoral appointee. I consult on issues of affordable housing and economic
development. My background includes:
• Director, Latin American Youth Center,
• D.C. Recreation Dept. Roving Leader – delinquency and gang prevention,
• Teacher, Oyster Bilingual Elementary School; Soccer coach, Wilson & Bell H.S.,
• ANC Commissioner 1988-90.
• President; 1841 Columbia Road Tenant Assoc.,
• Member; AARP/DC Executive Committee,
• Neighborhood Services, Office of the Mayor, 2000-06.
• Publisher; El Latino Newspaper, Spanish language community newspaper 1976-89,
• Publisher; La Nación Newspaper, Spanish language weekly newspaper, 1990-99,
• Editor; “Noticias del Mundo”; Washington Times Spanish language daily, 2000,
• Panelist, Reporters Roundtable, Channel 16
• Creator; “Escuela de Rumba” school of music,
• Co-Founder; GALA Hispanic Theatre
• Radio Host; ‘Duende & Caché’ Latin music show
• President; Hispanic Festival of Washington D.C.
Small Business & Affordable Housing
• Consultant; Development Corporation of Columbia Heights,
• Partner; LCHIP Development Group, LLC - affordable housing in D.C.,
• Director; Coalition of Park Road Businesses, Inc.
• Director; D.C. Hispanic Contractors Association, Inc.
Vote Jose Sueiro for ANC1C03 on November
In a feat of astonishing ambition and virtuosity, D.C.s GALA Hispanic Theatre, one of the nation’s top Spanish language cultural centers, has managed to produce a complex, difficult, popular Broadway musical in Spanish, most appropriately about the life of diva and Cuban icon Gloria Estefan. “On Your Feet’ is a tour de force! GALA Theatre has used every possible resource within its reach to provide for a first rate, top of the line, exciting song and dance show with live musicians, exquisite voices and a dance ensemble made for Radio City Music Hall. All told, it is a production of extraordinary breadth and sophistication.
On behalf of Metro D.C. Hispanic Contractors
Jon Seavey was a remarkable man! A high-ranking official at Gilbane Construction, he was among the most expert and elite construction managers in the region. He had a keen social sensibility, was a sharp negotiator and exhibited a sardonic, dry sense of humor that put all those around him at ease. He was a friend and mentor to numerous members of Metro D.C. Hispanic Contractors Association and gave a great many of them their first big opportunity. His support is directly responsible for the Association’s survival and success. He was the genius behind our last two fundraisers and brought a great many resources to our business guild.
He died suddenly Saturday, April 9, 2022.
Day 16 on the road in northern Spain, my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
Located at the entrance to the town of 'Elciego' in the upper Rioja, near the 15th century church across the way, this imposing, strange looking structure which changed colors w/the evening light took my breath away. Elaborate, other worldly & ethereal, it is elegant & expensive. We sat on the patio. I sipped a Riscal gran reserva. My friends José Joaquín Sanz García & Paloma Dominguez Diaz & I took a picture w/the town in the background. We also went to the mouth of the bodega & got a good long view of the entrance.