born in New York City of immigrant parents and settled here to study at George Website URL:
Washington & American Universities. I am a Ward 1 resident and tenant at 1841 Columbia Road
since 1973. I was originally an ANC Commissioner in 1988 and later worked in the Office of
Mayor Anthony Williams. I’ve been a teacher, community activist, culture advocate, journalist,
businessman, and Mayoral appointee. I consult on issues of affordable housing and economic
development. My background includes:
• Director, Latin American Youth Center,
• D.C. Recreation Dept. Roving Leader – delinquency and gang prevention,
• Teacher, Oyster Bilingual Elementary School; Soccer coach, Wilson & Bell H.S.,
• ANC Commissioner 1988-90.
• President; 1841 Columbia Road Tenant Assoc.,
• Member; AARP/DC Executive Committee,
• Neighborhood Services, Office of the Mayor, 2000-06.
• Publisher; El Latino Newspaper, Spanish language community newspaper 1976-89,
• Publisher; La Nación Newspaper, Spanish language weekly newspaper, 1990-99,
• Editor; “Noticias del Mundo”; Washington Times Spanish language daily, 2000,
• Panelist, Reporters Roundtable, Channel 16
• Creator; “Escuela de Rumba” school of music,
• Co-Founder; GALA Hispanic Theatre
• Radio Host; ‘Duende & Caché’ Latin music show
• President; Hispanic Festival of Washington D.C.
Small Business & Affordable Housing
• Consultant; Development Corporation of Columbia Heights,
• Partner; LCHIP Development Group, LLC - affordable housing in D.C.,
• Director; Coalition of Park Road Businesses, Inc.
• Director; D.C. Hispanic Contractors Association, Inc.
Vote Jose Sueiro for ANC1C03 on November