Arrived in Madrid this morning for 3 glorious weeks touring the north of Spain in my (rented) convertible.
First off to Segovia & a meal at Casa Candido under the Roman aqueduct.
Then 3 days hiking in the Sierra de Gredos reaching the Almanzor summit. A night in Salamanca and then home to Galicia & the northern beaches for 5 days. And finally on to the wine country of La Rioja at the Casa Rural (bed & breakfast) Villa Liquidambar of my good friend José Joaquín Sanz García. Madrid is empty & few tourists anywhere. Much more serious here about covid protections. Love Spain, good to be back home
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us