Day 2 of the trip joined by my travelling partner & ex-professor friend, Lawrence Hawkins. Went to the center of town through Puerta del Sol to Plaza Mayor
where we order 2 'tintos de verano' & ended up at the Mercado San Miguel closed for over a year & opened up just 3 weeks ago to eat ham, razor clams, drink Albariño wine and revel in the tranquility of a half empty Madrid..
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us