Day 3 of this glorious road trip through the north of Spain & we have landed in 'la gran Segovia'.
As we rambled through the entrance to the aqueduct of what was once among the most important Spanish towns during the 'reconquista' & up into the center of town & the cathedral, we stopped to eat the finest 'jamon Iberico de bellota' we've tasted so far, in a region famous for its ham...Next we visit the Alcazar, the castle that inspired Walt Disney's fantasyland, & amble back to the palace at 'La Granja de San Ildefonso', iconic summer palace of the catholic kings & site for the brilliant new Netflicks series, 'La Cocinera de Castamar''.
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us