Day 4 of our road trip through northern Spain... leaving behind the aqueduct & 'fantasyland', the little known fact that the Alcazar in Segovia was the inspiration for Disney's logo of the fantasyland castle in their TV programs & at their entertainment venues.
Left Segovia to visit the walled city of Avila grown & congested as never before. Lunch concluded (habas al barco & cochinillo) headed up the road about 79 kilometers to the 'Parador de Gredos' & a hiking trip up to the Almanzor peak & the pure, chilly mountain streams w/their 'pozos' or 'gargantas'. More tomorrow.
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us