At this point in the Gredos mountain range near the Almanzor peak.
Spent the day swimming in the 'gargantas', the deep pools that cut through the mountain rocks, often called 'pozos' or wells of icy cold mountain streams. Picnicking w/rich red wine, delicious bread, Castillian empanadas & local cheese.
Staying at the Parador, originally a hunting lodge for King Alfonso 13 in the early 20th century.
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us