Day 9 of the journey thru northern Spain we have landed at, 'Pousada La Lanzada', on the windy north end of a 3 kilometer long Atlantic Ocean beach in the 'Rias Baixas' province of Pontevedra.
Started eating typical Galician foods such as 'pulpo a feira' (octopus prepared in the local tradition) & the ever present, 'Pimientos de Padron', or, as one young 'Gallego' waiter, proud of his English, described to us as "hot chili peppers".
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us