Day 10 of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us. Spain's growth level is projected to be among the highest in Europe over the next year.
Traffic here on the northern coast is intense, all the hotels are full (ours, pictured here, included) & you need reservations for just about any restaurant. It is all internal tourism, very few international visitors. Strict covid guidelines & masks are just about universal, inside & out.
We had 'almejas a la marinera' at Pinamar the restaurant of Jose Meis in La Lanzada.
We finally saw the third Ria Baixa, the Ria de Villagarcia w/over 150 'mejilloneras', where they harvest the world famous mussels from Galicia. Out past the 'Ria' in our photo is the town of Ribeiro that lends its name to the delicious wine of the region.
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 9 of the journey thru northern Spain we have landed at, 'Pousada La Lanzada'