Days 11 & 12 of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias Baixas although the region is more developed than I remember it. Still has its charm & history. Crystal clear,
bright light, rich, fertile soil & seafood like no place else in the world. We travelled throughout the Cabo Sao Vicente with clear views of 'La Isla de Onz' & the 'Ria de Arousa', surrounded by old stone chapels & monuments to the campesinos & fishermen, the mainstays of this economy for centuries. Tomorrow we set off for La Rioja & the wine country for a taste of the hearty 'tempranillo' based wines & the world famous bodegas. Different from Galicia, food in La Rioja is based on grilled meats, mountain streams trout & healthy 'potages'. On my way to visit good friends José Joaquín Sanz García & Paloma Dominguez Diaz at their Bed & Breakfast; Villaliquidambar.
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us
- Day 9 of the journey thru northern Spain we have landed at, 'Pousada La Lanzada'