Day 13-14, travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia, but not before saying goodbye in Pontevedra to my cousins, the Estevez sisters, Margot, Amelia & (not pictured here) Maria del Carmen.
So overwhelmed with emotion I forgot to take the photo 'de rigor' & had to settle w/a photo from the car from my travel companion upon meeting them.
7 hours later landed in the 'Valle del Iregua' in the Rioja wine country at 'Villa Liquidambar' for a 'Cata de Vinos' in this magical place tucked away between mountains & vineyards.
"Las hermanas Estevez me enseñaron a querer a Galicia desde niño pequeño y han sido un referente para mi y queridas por mi madre toda mi vida, como hermanas mayores. Fue emotivo verlas en pie, bien puestas y 'galleguiñas' aguerridas como siempre"
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us
- Day 9 of the journey thru northern Spain we have landed at, 'Pousada La Lanzada'