Day 15 of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain in the beautiful little village of Torrecillas, in the Cameros region of La Rioja nestled between jagged peaks & the 'Iregua' -a gurgling mountain stream. Staying in the quaint bed & breakfast; Villa Liquidambar w/my friend José Joaquín Sanz García.
Travelled up & over the mountains to the next valley & ate lunch at 'Viniegras de Abajo'. The menu, a typical red beans a-la-Riojana w/chorizo, bacon fat, 'piquillo' peppers & a delightful carafe of local red wine and a second plate of veal meatballs w/an orange sauce all served by the delightful women at Casa Irene.
Next stop the Marques de Riscal Hotel.
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us
- Day 9 of the journey thru northern Spain we have landed at, 'Pousada La Lanzada'