Day 16 on the road in northern Spain, my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
Located at the entrance to the town of 'Elciego' in the upper Rioja, near the 15th century church across the way, this imposing, strange looking structure which changed colors w/the evening light took my breath away. Elaborate, other worldly & ethereal, it is elegant & expensive. We sat on the patio. I sipped a Riscal gran reserva. My friends José Joaquín Sanz García & Paloma Dominguez Diaz & I took a picture w/the town in the background. We also went to the mouth of the bodega & got a good long view of the entrance.
All this about 30 minutes away from Joaquin's bed & breakfast, Villa Liquidambar, where we were staying in Torrecillas en Cameros.
From there, on my way, in this marvelous rented convertible for 3 final nights in Madrid.
All of these whimsical FB
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us
- Day 9 of the journey thru northern Spain we have landed at, 'Pousada La Lanzada'