Yesterday I visited the Castle of Soutomaior. It gave its name to folks like Supreme court judge Sonia Sotomayor. In the 15th century Angel Suero
(often spelled Sueiro in history books) was lord of the castle along w/Pedro Madruga, a mythical figure in Galician history who some say was really Christopher Columbus. In any case, I consider the castle MINE!!!
Latest from Jose Sueiro
- Day 16: my first visit to the famous Gehry designed, Marques de Riscal hotel.
- Day 15: of this wonderful journey through the north of Spain
- Day 13-14: travels through the north of Spain. Leaving Galicia
- Days 11 & 12: of our trip through northern Spain. We have enjoyed the rural parts of Pontevedra & the Rias
- Day 10: of our trip in Galicia impressed by the prosperity that surrounds us